Monday, October 19, 2015

Going Black for Novel November

This weekend Matt (myhubby) and I finally painted my office. The bottom is red and, as many of you know, the top used to be covered in white wall wallpaper.
It took FOREVER to remove all of the white wallpaper and then when the carnage was complete, I had to figure out just what I would replace it with.
I didn't want to get rid of that vibrant red (or try to paint over it) so since there is very little that goes with half a red wall, I decided to paint the upper half with chalkboard paint.
Chalkboard paint is somewhat of a pain because it is so thick, but it was easy enough and we knocked it out in just one day.
Chalkboard paint can be used for many things, including repurposing bottles and making a calendar on your wall. It is also only 13 dollars a can.

This all fell into place right in time for me to get ready for Novel November.
I had no idea this was a thing until a week ago when Bianca showed it to me. While also a great site for networking and raising money for the creative arts, the website itself is host to National Novel Writing Month.



This contest is intense. You announce your novel, track your word count and aim for 55,000 words in just ONE MONTH. This sounds insane and you can bet I'm going to try it!
Nanowrimo is a fun and supportive website. You can win badges for all kinds of things, including how often you up your word count and fluffing up your personal profile.

I can't wait to start drawing and writing on my walls. I have created the perfect sanctuary where no one can tell my inner child "no".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.