Monday, October 5, 2015

We Built a Wonderland for Rosi

This weekend I collaborated with my best friend and the awesome blogger, Bianca Prince aka Born in August. Our dear friend Rosi is getting married and she wanted to have a makeup testing lady night.
Bianca and I love themed parties, so we took this opportunity to try out our skills by making Rosi a Forest Wonderland! We secretly planned a forest themed party and I think it turned out wonderful. The key to theme planning is to cover the three key points. Food, decorations, and activities.
Decorations took little brainstorming, but lot's of creativity.
Bianca brought a beautiful bird cage, some mason jars, lights, vases, and lace lining. (There is a fancier name for this...)
I brought Kristopherson (my stuffed fox), candles and I bought some lovely fall themed flowers.

 



Food was fun because we picked forest themed snacks and gave them fun names like Bunny Buffet and Dirt Leaves.
Bianca made them beautiful signs, practicing her new calligraphy skill.
Our menu was:
Bunny Buffet (a veggie and cracker tray)
 Mossy Mushrooms (Tomatoes and mozzarella in a sauce of pesto and olive oil)
Heart of the Forest Stew (chicken and spinach tortellini stew) 
Dirt Leaves (Brownie Brittle).
 

For drinks, we had bottled water and my first attempt at apple cider.
When I went to the grocery store I couldn't get the original apple cider punch recipe to load so I made it up!
In a pot I boiled a jug of cider from Kroger, orange slices, apple slices, a dash of cinnamon and a dash of ginger. I laced a glass punch bowl with honey streaks. When the cider was hot enough I dumped it all in the bowl. Everyone loved it!


Lastly, we didn't really need "activities" because the point of the party was to test Rosi's make up.
I tried to help where I could and take pictures for Bianca's blog, but when it comes to makeup..I am clueless.
I was lost in a forest of brushes.
This weekend was great! And it proved that Bianca and I could totally do this for clients (hint hint).
 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.