Monday, October 12, 2015

My Un-Intentional Geeky Good Deed

Last week I bought three books on Amazon. I bought Library of Souls because ohemgee Ransom Riggs.

I bought A Monster Calls on a creepy whim.

 Lastly, I bought Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them, because I am beyond excited for the movie to come out and I loved the Beatle and the Bard. 

What I didn't realize until after reading through Albus Dumbledores Foreward, is that these books are printed for charity. According to the dedication, all of J.K Rowlings royalties and 19% of what scholastic gets for each book is donated to Comic Relief, a group started in Britain in 1985. Wow right? That's an awesome charity fundraising idea!

 I had never heard of Comic Relief, but I have heard of Red Nose Day. The U.S did their first one this year. 
Red Nose Day is where a large, typically comedic event, is held to raise donations for the Comedic Relief charity. 



Comedic Relief's mission is to drive positive change through the power of entertainment. Since 1985 they have focused on 
1. raising millions of pounds, mainly through their two big fundraising campaigns: Red Nose Day and Sport Relief. 
2. Spending the money raised to tackle the root causes of poverty and social injustice in the UK and across the world. 
3.Using the power and influence of their brand to raise awareness of issues where they feel the support can make the biggest impact. 

This is a great cause and the book isnt a wallet breaker. If you do not have a copy of Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them yet...you should. If you arent a fan, buy it for a fan. 
Do it. 

I will now bask in the karma of my itty bitty un-intentional good deed for the rest of the week. Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.